FITGENES

Looking for a personalised approach to your health?

Understanding your DNA profile, Nutrigenetics and Nutrigenomics is a great way forward providing solid evidence and clarity for Naturopathic care in even the more complex cases.

Fitgenes aims to helps you reach your health goal and increase your potential for Healthy Living and Healthy Ageing.


"I am so excited to introduce the Fitgenes system to my clinical practice. DNA profiling has been available for a number of years now but never like this. Fitgenes enables me to understand my patients causes or drivers of disease from a genetics perspective, it's the SYSTEMS medicine, not symptoms medicine I love but on a whole new level!" - Carla Wrenn

Fitgenes profile reports are unique and provide me with a powerful resource to design you a highly personalised health plan in conjunction with my current Naturopathic and Functional Medicine practice. Fitgenes analyses a select range of genes that are key influencers of your general health, wellbeing and performance. Areas like Inflammation, Cell Defence, Oxidative Stress, Detoxification/Methylation, Fat Metabolism and more. These are so instrumental in the understanding of complex and chronic diseases including autoimmune disease, cardiovascular disease and integrative oncology as well as weight control, hormonal issues, fertility, fatigue and unexplained illness.

 

THE BASIS OF DNA

 To better understand Nutrigenetics and nutrigenomics you could start by understanding what genes are an how they are related to your health.

Our genome consists of around 30,000 genes.

A gene is, essentially, a DNA sequence that produced a molecule with a function.

Humans share 99.9% of the DNA. The remaining 0.1% is what makes us unique, including characteristics such as our height and eye colour, as well as our risk for

developing health conditions including diabetes or cardiovascular disease.

The interaction between your genes and the environment (diet, exercise, etc)

has the strongest effect on your health. 

DIET AND GENES INTERACT IN A RECIPROCAL WAY

Nutrigenetics and nutrigenomics are the link between diet and genes. In particular, Nutrigenetics is the science that studies genetic variants associated with differential response to nutrients, while nutrigenomics is a whole system approach that investigates how nutrients can affect gene expression. Other factors, such as exercise and lifestyle, can also affect gene expression.

HOW GENE ANALYSIS HELPS YOU REACH YOUR HEALTH & WELLBEING GOALS

Once your DNA, gene's and SNP (single nucleotide polymorphism) are analysed by Fitgenes a report is created using analysis software and my Naturopathic skills. This contains information about the genetic variants you might have in your genes, which in turn influence your fitness, body composition, health concerns now and in the future and what nutrition and dietary choices are best for you. 

WHAT THE REPORT WILL TELL YOU

These genetic variants tested to create your profile have been grouped according to the primary physiological effects they have on your body. These have key influencing effects on your health, ageing, wellbeing and performance. These groups are:


Inflammation - Cell Defence - Vitamin D Receptors  - Cardiovascular Health

Methylation and Homocysteine Metabolism - Fat Metabolism and Cholesterol Regulation

CLEAR CUT HEALTH INFORMATION

"I love this report as it give me clear cut actionable steps to dramatically change my patients health, especially those with chronic or complex disease. Fitgenes provides foundational information about the drivers of disease like no other testing does!" - Carla Wrenn

Are you ready to discover the powerful interaction between genetics, diet, exercise and lifestyle to meet your personal health and wellness goals?

New Patients - Fitgenes Testing, Lab Fees, Report, 2x Naturopathic Fitgenes Appointments (in person or online) and Protocol is $590 (incl. GST) - New Patients can book a FITGENES Package HERE 

Carla's Current Patients - Fitgenes Testing, Lab Fees and Report is $440 (incl. GST), please note you will need to book a return consult to receive your report and personalised protocol  - Existing Patients can book your FITGENES Test HERE

What a great investment, your personal genetic profile is an integral piece of the puzzle helping you: Personalise your diet - Choose your best exercise

Minimise your exact supplement requirements 

yet MAXIMISE your potential for Healthy Living and Healthy Ageing.

Learn more from FITGENES Here.

Carla Wrenn - Integrative Naturopath
Peninsula Herbal Dispensary & Naturopathic Clinic

03 5977 0117

84 Main Street Mornington VIC Australia 3931

©2019 by Carla Wrenn - Integrative Naturopath. Privacy Policy & Disclaimer